Losing a loved one can be an extremely trying time. Experiencing overwhelming emotion and grief is only natural when you lose someone. You accept your sympathy gifts for friends and try to lean on your surviving loved ones, but sometimes the intense hurt is too much. The grief can be overwhelming and you find yourself unable to move on. This is not uncommon, especially after a tough loss.
Dealing with the emotions that arise after a loss can be extremely difficult. If you are wracking your brain trying to find a way to work through your grief, consider hypnotherapy. Bereavement counseling and hypnosis can help you throughout the healing process.
Hypnosis for Grief and Loss Recovery
Sometimes even the best sympathy gifts and comfort from friends and family is not enough to help you process grief. Notes of encouragement and gifts for grief are great for showing support, but sometimes you need more.
Your mind is extremely powerful and sometimes the emotions that you feel are too intense to deal with. This can lead to feelings of hopelessness, anger, emptiness and intrusive thoughts about your lost loved one. If you are unable to work through your grief and feel like the emotions are overbearing, hypnosis can help. Hypnotherapy helps you identify what is behind your grief and give you tools and strategies to overcome it.
Hypnotherapy is such a great bereavement tool because it teaches you how to consciously decide how to think about your loss. By changing your mind’s thought patterns from grief and sadness to love and happy memories, you can begin to work through your grief. Using hypnosis, you can process grief at your own pace, allowing a much-needed sense of calm. It allows you to find ways to remember the person you lost and still feel connected to them, letting you work towards acceptance and move on with your life.
Ways Hypnosis Can Help You Get Over Grief and Loss
You might think it’s hokey, but hypnosis can truly help you work through the grieving and bereavement process. It allows you to heal your mind and work through the tumultuous emotions that have taken root in your head. Here are 10 ways that hypnosis for grief and loss can help you through the bereavement process:
- Finding Peace: One of the most things after a loss is finding peace again. Hypnosis allows you to enter a state of peacefulness where you can—at least temporarily—escape from your grief. This is essential for the healing process.
- Reduce Intensity of Emotions: Sometimes your emotions become overwhelming after a loss and no amount of sympathy cards or words of comfort can help. With hypnosis, you can reduce the intensity of your grief and work towards acceptance.
- Organize Your Grief: It’s natural for you to grieve after a substantial loss. However, lacking the ability to control where and when you grieve can be extremely detrimental. With hypnosis, you can understand and organize your grief, which allows you to process it at your own pace.
- Boost Self-Compassion: It’s easy to become overwhelmed by grief and lose sight of self-care and worth. Hypnosis allows you to better process grief so you can treat yourself with compassion again.
- Finding a Place for Grief: Hypnosis can also help you find a place for your grief. Instead of having it impact every aspect of your life at every moment, you can keep it from becoming too overwhelming.
- Empowerment: Depression is common after a loss. Using hypnosis, you can actually feel empowered again and return to the activities you once loved.
- Allow Calmness: The period after a loss can be very tumultuous and draining. Hypnotherapy can allow you to access feelings of strength and calm, giving you the emotional wellbeing that you need to carry on.
- Reconnecting with Positive Memories: One of the fears that often arise after a loss is dissipating memories of the deceased individual. With hypnotherapy, you can actually access those positive memories again.
- Enjoyment of Memories: Remembering memories can be painful, but with the help of hypnosis, you can learn to enjoy memories of your loved one without the accompanying painful emotions.
- Reduce Guilt: Guilt is one of the stages of grief. You want to move on, but you feel that doing so is a disservice to your lost loved one. With the help of hypnosis, you can learn to let go and move on without guilt weighing heavily on your shoulders.
It is important to remember that we all process grief differently. Some people are comforted by sympathy cards and notes of encouragement, while others need a more spiritual path to move towards acceptance. If you want to take active steps to process your grief and get back on the right track, hypnosis has a variety of benefits to help you heal mentally, physically and spiritually.